A very warm welcome awaits you at Eubhal House Bed and Breakfast, your home from home on the Isle of Skye.
Our modern detached bungalow with feature conservatory is located in an elevated position in the rural crofting township of Borve. Spectacular views can be seen towards the Cuillin Mountains, Dunvegan Hills and Loch Snizort Beag towards the Hebridean Sea to the North.
Eubhal House is located adjacent to a red deer farm and deer may be viewed from the rooms and the Conservatory at various times of the day.
Despite our rural location, the islands capital Portree is only five minutes’ drive away with its shops, bars and restaurants. This makes Eubhal House a good central location from where to explore the Isle of Skye and is near the A87 route for the Western Isles Ferry.
Attractions such as The Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock, Museum of Highland Life, Faery Glen, Dunvegan Castle and Talisker Distillery are all within a half hour drive way.
We offer a recently renovated deluxe super king ensuite room with modern facilities for our guests comfort and convenience. Relax in our dining conservatory and enjoy looking at beautiful sunsets or spotting deer who are bred in the farm next door as well as other wildlife abundant in the area. With no light pollution, the heavens can be clearly seen and if you are lucky the northern lights.
- Location: Borve, Portree
- Rooms: 1 Double
- En Suite: Yes
- Dining: Breakfast Only
- Internet Access: Free WiFi
- Disable Access: No
- Pets: No
- Parking: Yes
Our cosy detached bungalow is both centrally heated by oil and heat source pump which has the added advantage of an air conditioner in the event summer temperatures are uncomfortable.
Private parking is available on site. Smoking is not permitted in the house, however a picnic table is available for use in the front garden.
One recently renovated Super King Double en-suite is offered. This room is decorated to a high modern standard. The Super King bed has a memory foam mattress.
Features of our room include:
- 32 inch Freeview TV
- Tassimo Beverage maker with selection of discs and biscuits
- Clock radio with 2 USB sockets for telephone charging
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Shampoo/body wash
- Luggage Rack
We offer fresh milk to guests for Tea and Coffee and ice for cold drinks so please ask at any time.
Breakfast is available between eight and nine o’clock however any other time may be discussed with the proprietor.
We offer a Scottish Breakfast consisting of free range local eggs, sausage, bacon, black pudding, potato scone, bread and toast. Our Potato scones and bread are homemade as is the jam when fruits are in season. We also offer Scots Porridge Oats and other cereals. Tea, coffee and fruit juice are available.
Please let us know the night before what are your breakfast time and preferences.
Breakfast is served in our conservatory which is also available for guests to relax in throughout the day and evening. A radio is provided for guest use along with a selection of local reference books.
- Dougie Galloway
- Eubhal House
Isle of Skye
- Phone: 01470 532346
- Mobile: 07927419609
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions from Portree:
- As you enter the village of Portree, approach the centre and take a left turn following signs for the A87 for Uig.
- Drive through a set of traffic lights and a mini roundabout taking this road clear of the village but still remaining on the A87.
- You will see a quarry on left as road goes up a left bend hill. You will then pass a sign for Drumuie on left. Pass this and keep going.
- The next sign pointing right is for Borve. You will see bus stop on the right. Turn right into Borve just at this.
- Go to top of single track road. You get to a ‘T’ junction dead end. Turn right.
- Drive on till you see a shed to your left.
- Drive past the shed and at sheds end take the left fork up my private road to arrive at Eubhal House.