Craigh Na Dun
Self Catering Accommodation
Isle of Skye Holiday Cottage
Craigh Na Dun is better known as the fictional standing stones on the hit TV show Outlander, but did you know that we have our own standing stones here in Borve?
We have great views of the Coolin Hills and Ben Tianavaig as well as resident red deer who graze right outside the windows.
We are close to family-friendly activities, the Trotternish and West Skye Tourist Routes and conveniently it is only a 5-minute drive to Portree.
Our spacious house is fully and comfortably furnished with both a modern and traditional feel. We are in a traditional crofting village teeming with wildlife and farm animals. Relax and enjoy your stay.
Our accommodation comprises of a master King Double ensuite with walk in closet and ensuite toilet and jacuzzi bath as well as a luxury leather reclining chair and stool.
Other bedrooms are an airy spacious twin room and a cosy double. There is a large family bathroom with walk in shower.
Our lounge is cosy and comfortable with a large flat screen smart free view TV and DVD player. There is a selection of books DVDs and board games available there. Our dining kitchen is ideal for entertaining and has all the facilities for this.
We provide a welcome pack of bread, milk and juice to start you off. Our kitchen is spacious, modern and well equipped with a casual eating area and is complete with a fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave. A separate utility area provides washing and drying facilities.
Free Broadband internet access is available to our guests.
In case of inclement weather, guests may use the drying area in the adjacent garage where the washer and dryer are kept.
Our cottage is heated by oil fired central heating, the use of which is included in your tariff.
Our grounds have a picnic table with Coolin views and feel free to use our barbecue as you enjoy the outdoors.
Craigh na Dun is your home from home and an ideal base to tour, relax and entertain in North Skye.
We accept bookings with a two-night minimum stay October to May and a three-night minimum stay in the June, July, August and September. Please refer to our availability in booking regarding minimum stays which vary throughout the season.
Prices range from £160 to £260 per night depending on the season and occupancy.
- Dougie Galloway
- Phone: 01470 532346
- Mobile: 07927419609
- Email: email@example.com
Always set SAT NAV to Kyle of Lochalsh initially and then for Borve Highland. DO NOT go to Mallaig.
- When you arrive at Kyle, drive over the Skye bridge onto the island and drive 35 km north on the A87 to the village of Portree.
- As you enter the village you will see a petrol station on your right. Shortly afterwards you will come to a junction turning signposted for Uig & Dunvegan. Turn left here.
- Head north on the A87 for about 3.5 miles. You will leave Portree and drive into the countryside.
- Look for the first right turn off the main road signposted 'Borve', turn right here. There is a plastic bus shelter on the right at the turn.
- Drive to the top of the Road and you come to a T junction turn. Turn right.
- At the top of the hill you will see a big shed on the left. Just as you approach the shed, turn right and follow the wee road down to Craigh na Dun.